MERCERSBURG SOCIETY PRESENTS:
2021 MERCERSBURG CONVOCATION
POLARIZATION AND RECONCILIATION: HINTS FROM THE MERCERSBURG TRADITION
- CAN MERCERSBURG HELP US MOVE BEYOND POLARIZING CONVERSATION?- Dr. Lee Barrett
- MERCERSBURG CHRISTOCENTRISM AND THE CHALLENGE OF SOCIAL -Dr. William Evans
- JUSTICE IN AN AGE OF POLARIZATION
- SUFFERING, SACRIFICE, AND GOD’S ETERNAL PLAN FOR UNITY – Rev. Dr. Linden DeBie
- REVISING THE LITURGY FOR POLITICAL RECONCILIATION – Tekoa Robinson
- A MERCERSBURG PRIMER FOR “LOUNGE CHAIR THEOLOGIANS” – Rev. Dr. Joel Hummel
Introducing the following Roth Prize Winners:
- Daniel Glover
- Stephanie Dorsey
- Santee Chapel
This virtual convocation is free.
Donations and or membership fees may be mailed to:
605 White Church Rd.
York Springs Pa. 17372
…or pay by credit card through Stripe on the Mercersburg website, mercersburgsociety.org. Click on membership.
REGISTER FOR THE CONVOCATION BY JUNE 1 BY SENDING AN EMAIL TO JOHN CEDARLEAF AT: email@example.com
* In this “hands-on” Zoom workshop we will be looking at ways to revise your Sunday liturgy in order to help promote political reconciliation. An example will be given at the beginning of the workshop and then we will break into small groups to work on revising our liturgies. If planning to participate, please send your liturgy to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st.